Do you remember the last time you had a full body checkup? There’s a good chance it’s been quite a while, if you are not on any medication or are healthy. Although you may feel it unnecessary to see a doctor unless feeling sick, there are a number of reasons why you should not be putting routine checkup on the back burner.
The hard truth of importance of full body checkup is that regular doctor’s visits can mean the difference between life and death. Still not convinced? Read on to find out some of the many ways doctors' visits are so vital.
- Preventive health checkup: Regular checkups help to identify any health issue early on and with that, your chances for treatment and cure are better. Healthy women also need regular preventive checkups like breast exams for lumps, Pap tests etc. along with periodic measurements of weight, height, and blood pressure to avoid women’s health diseases.
- Cuts down healthcare costs: Regular checkups will help you save money in the long run by minimizing the risk of potential health issues.
- Eye Checkup: It is important that people of all ages should include vision and eye checkups in the full body checkup plan so as to check for glaucoma or possible glasses.
- Test health markers: It is always a good idea to keep your eye on some important markers such as diabetes, cancer and infection markers which can alert you to some health problems early enough to address them.
- Blood pressure checks: It is better to track your blood pressure and pick up conditions that can be effectively treated but can kill you if undetected.
- Heart Status indicators: Heart is the basic of our existence, so heart health is the foremost thing. Thus, everyone should get a “baseline” EKG to make sure that there is nothing wrong with your heart.
- Promotes healthy lifestyle and helps to keep you in the best health conditions
In a nutshell, don’t put regular health checkups on the back burner; instead take charge of your health and go for a preventive health checkup on time!